The 7(a) program is SBA's primary lending program. Highly versatile, this program can be used for a wide range of purposes ranging from working capital to owner occupied real estate and business acquisition to debt refinancing.
Most for-profit, operating entities are eligible. This program excludes non-profit entities, or businesses that are passive, speculative, or investment in nature.
- Loan amounts up to $5,000,000
- 7 years for working capital and inventory
- 10 years - Business acquisition, equipment, or tenant imporovements
- 10 years - Debt refinance
- 25 years - Owner-occupied commercial real esate
The 504 program is more restrictive than the 7(a) program but offers low down payments and long-term, competitive fixed rates as its primary benefits. This program can be used for construction or purchase of owner-occupied commercial real estate or the acquisition of long-lived, heavy machinery and equipment.
As with the 7(a), most for-profit borrowers are eligible. Non-profits and speculative, passive, or investment businesses will not qualify for this program.
- No cap on total project amount
- 20 year amortization for real estate
- 10 year amortization for equipment
USDA Business and Industry
Businesses eligible for the USDA B&I program include both for-profit and non-profit entities. The program includes a wide variety of eligible uses including:
- Business and industrial acquisitions.
- Business conversion, enlargement, repair, modernization, or development.
- Purchase and development of land, easements, rights-of-way, buildings, or facilities.
- Purchase of equipment, leasehold improvements, machinery, supplies, or inventory.