Security and Consumer Protection
Our Commitment to You
Substantial measures are in place at Seacoast National Bank to protect your identity and your accounts against theft and personal fraud. Our bank privacy policies protect your personal and financial information while password protection for online activity helps to ensure online security. Encryption of online transactions also help protect you against hackers.
Listed below are some simple precautions you can take to help keep your personal information safe:
- Beware of mail, e-mail and telephone solicitations
- Invest in a shredder to destroy documents
- Never leave receipts at ATMs, gas pumps, or bank workstations
- Sign all credit cards upon receipt
- Check all personal and business accounts frequently
- Shield your PIN number when using an ATM
- Educate yourself about Identity Theft.
What to do if You're Victim
Contact Seacoast National Bank immediately. Our customer service team will help you through the process and contact your credit card issuers immediately. We will also help close your accounts and create new passwords for any new accounts.
Beyond contacting Seacoast, the following steps are encouraged:
- File a police report with your local police department and obtain a copy.
- Check your online accounts such as eBay, Amazon, PayPal, online banking accounts, etc...
- Contact the three major credit bureaus to request a "fraud alert" or a security freeze to be placed on your credit report.
- Check with the post office for any unauthorized change of address requests.
- File a compaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)